Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm Back...


Did you miss me?

Last week Eric, the kids and I escaped to the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. It was a fantabulous escape...no internet, no email, and Eric even kept his cell phone turned off. It was amazing. Abigail took this picture of Eric, Jonathan and me on Sunset Rock in Highlands, NC.

And huge thanks to the Brenners for making their wonderful cabin available to us again. Eric and I agreed that this is our kind of vacation. Before I get to a few photos, though, here's a tease.

I have some fabulous books to give away in September. Fantastic books! (Did I mention one of the best parts of vacation was that Eric and I read a book a day?!?!) So stay tuned for Fearless by Robin Parrish, The Begotten and The Betrayed by Lisa Bergen, And If I Die by John Aubrey Anderson (Eric Loved this book, says Anderson is the best at weaving the spiritual thread in), plus several others, so stay tuned.

Now for a few photos:

Here's Eric with Amy, Tucker and Finn Green at the base of Looking Glass Falls in Pisgah National Forest near Brevard. We spent a delightful day there with Amy and her boys. Amy was the first person I met when I moved to DC and became a big sister. Since we moved, she and her family have moved home to NC so it was awesome to catch up with them. The water was frigid!




Here's Abigail sliding down Little Sliding Rock somewhere south of Highlands and Cashiers. We spent two and a half hours sliding down this rock, warming up on a neighboring rock, and sliding again. Jonathan was a little machine, but very interested in telling us exactly how to do this. He's got a touch of leader in him :-) And you may notice I'm wearing shorts over my swimsuit. Key! The shorts are now in the trash :-)

I'm kind of surprised we actually got the kids to leave! Then there was horseback riding, hiking, and so much more. Lots of games together as a family. And that's what it was all about. Reconnecting and having fun together.

So if you're looking for a spot to get away, I highly recommend Highlands and surrounding area.

1 comment:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

Sounds exactly like what Tim and I said we want to do next year...NO amusement parks. Just time with each other to get away and have some family fun!

Glad it was a fun trip.

p.s. Cara, you look like a little girl. You're such a dainty thing. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...