Monday, March 17, 2008

The joy of the law

I'm working on a project for a client right now that is reminding me what I like about the law. The list of things I don't like is long. I love client interaction, but would really enjoy client interaction when people aren't in crisis. I think that's why I gravitate toward corporate law. It's just business folks. You can avoid some of the inherent conflict and messiness of family interactions, and interact with the law.

This project will also help a lot of people once it's complete. I like that a lot. Knowing the purposes of the corporation I'm creating and the way it will be used as a tool to help others is a great feeling.

It's good to remember these aspects of the law. Sometimes it's really easy to focus on the bits that are tedious or heart-wrenching. Okay, I stopped last night because my eyes were crossing on some of the tedium, but I can help others. There are so many people who could do what I'm doing, but the legalese and tenacity to search for the answers in the right places wears them down.

So last night I went to bed feeling good about what I accomplished for this client.

Now if I could just find that high concept for a legal thriller!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...