Monday, October 18, 2010

Are we breaking our kids?

My sister posted a link on her facebook to an article written by Single Dad Laughing. I'd never heard of him, but the post really got me. Take a moment to pop over and read it here, then promise you'll come back.

Ouch.

Think about it. How often have you seen a parent do that to a child in public?

Then how many times have you and I done that without thinking? Usually in the privacy of our homes. Isn't there a fine line between teaching our children to respect and crushing them? I long for my children to have wings. To be able to do anything that God places on their hearts to do. I want to partner with God to develop these precious kids into the men and women God created them to be.

To know that God gave them great minds.
That He's given them great purpose.
And not to hold them back because of anything I say or do.

Thank God for His mercy and grace that covers our failures. But today, I want to be more like Him. Extending unfailing and unending love while training them to live lives that will delight their Heavenly Father's heart.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for posting this. I think I needed to hear that today. SO true!!

Cara Putman said...

It really convicted me, too. Not because of what happens in public, but because of the little things at home that can add up over time.

Kameko said...

Wow - that is a powerful posting. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Beverly

Mimi N said...

Powerful post and it is so good to hear that kind of love a father has for his child!

~Mimi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...