Friday, October 01, 2010

Classic Hollywood Reviews: Your Turn

All right. I've revealed some of my favorite classic movies over the last few months. Now it's your turn.

What's your favorite classic movie?

While I've picked movies from the 30s and 40s, your definition of classic could include the 50s (An Affair to Remember), 60s, 70s, 80s (Footloose :-) ) or 90s (You've Got Mail. But what are the movies you love to watch? The ones you return to over and over again? The ones that make you cry every time (Steel Magnolias). That you can't watch without laughing, even though you know all the punch lines (Hitch). Or that just grip you with excellent characterization or some other element that makes them a keeper and return watcher.

So share those movies. And I'll share a copy of my new book, Timeless Treasures with at least one person who leaves a comment.

3 comments:

Anne Mateer said...

I had to laugh, Cara, because today I posted about the movie Sense and Sensibility on my blog! It's one of my absolute favorites.

Sabrina L. Fox said...

I loved Audrey Hepburn. Especially in My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Sabrina. Such a classic movie star.

And while I'm not sure I'd have let my young daughter watch it, my mom let me watch Gone with the Wind every spring when it came on.

We'd plan our evenings so we could get all our stuff done and watch it. I think it was on for like three nights or something. :) Funny, I can't read a book over and over but I must have watched that movie a dozen times.

Kristen said...

I love "His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell.

The wit that flies between Hildy and Walter is so sharp and the pace is faster then a lot of movies of the '40's, but maybe it just seems so because of how fast they talk!!

If you haven't watched it, you can see it for free on hulu.

Thanks for all these reviews. I love old movies :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...