Friday, June 03, 2011

Friday Recipes: Simple Tortellini

My family loves pasta. We eat it in spaghetti, macaroni, and all form in between. One of my favorites is tortellini. I was so excited when a friend introduced me to packaged dry tortellini because I could finally make it at home. Problem is my kids can be finicky and turn their noses up at cheese stuffed pasta.

I know! Bizarre!

This week has been the definition of insanity between teaching, writing and working on my church's Joplin efforts, so last night I didn't care about finicky tastes. We were eating some comfort food. I made it waiting for the groans. Instead, the kids asked for seconds, thirds and fourths. The best part is this was soooo easy.

Cara's Tortellini

1 pkg of dry tortellini cooked to package directions
When cooked, strain out water, then pour tortellini in large bowl. Add one can of diced tomatoes, a couple teaspoons of olive oil and 1-2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning. Mix ingredients. Then top with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...