Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Recipes: Fruit Cobbler

As I'm typing this, I have a blueberry cobbler in the oven. Made with fresh blueberries that we picked this morning at a local blueberry farm. Can you say YUMMMMMY? The fresh fruit is one of my favorite parts of summertime. Better yet is when we get to go pick it ourselves. Maybe there's an incredibly teensey weensey bit of a farmer in my after all. My grandpa would laugh -- at 91 he still has an acre or so of garden, but hey, you do what you can.

So here's a recipe for cobbler that comes from our time in the south. I'll give you the real recipe and the way I alter it :-) Use the fruit of your choice. I just always seem to use blueberries.

Easy-Peesy Fruit Cobbler

take a stick of butter and melt in a 9x9 pan in 350 degree oven.

1 c. buttermilk (regular milk works, too)
1 c. sugar (I didn't say it was healthy :-) )
1 c. self-rising flour
 pour into the melted butter in the pan. Cover with fresh or frozen fruit.

Bake until golden brown.

I usually make this in a 9 x13. I still use 1 stick of butter because 2 is just too much. I double the milk and flour and add a little more than 1/2 cup of sugar for 1 and 1/2 cups total.

It really is yummy and oh so easy!

2 comments:

Crystal Laine said...

I love blueberry cobbler! Thanks for sharing a yummo recipe.

My mom used to make this blueberry dessert with whipping cream...hmm...I hadn't thought about it in years but it was my brother's very favorite dessert. Now I have to go dig it out.

Love the recipes you share. They're so good.

Jonah said...

I made a peach cobbler with this recipe last night (though I only use 3/4 cup milk and add 2 Tbs of corn starch for fresh fruit)...soooo good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...