Friday, May 28, 2010

More thoughts on the Promised Land

Okay, so one post wasn't quite enough. Here are a couple more.

Have you ever thought about the fact that the Promised Land that God gave us in the past may not be today's Promised Land?

Huh? Step back. Reread that.

If God has called us to move into something new, then what was the Promised Land just became our current Egypt. When I realized that a couple weeks ago, it hit me square between the eyes. How many times have I said, but this is where God wanted me...to keep from moving forward.

We get comfortable. We get complacent. We begin to believe the lie that the past is all God has for us. But what if the past was to test our accountability? To test our faithfulness? And now God wants to give us more?

But I keep holding on to the past. Refusing to move forward with Him. Yikes! That's sin.

So, Father, please help me to have the vision to look for the Promised Land You have for me today. Help me to guard against complacency.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...