Women in High Def: Boldly Living Your Purposes with Vibrant Clarity I was intrigued.
The book is set up with short devotional chapters written by several women. Diane Markins has divided it into several sections:
- Beauty of Health: Finding balance in accepting ourselves and stewarding our health
- Humor: an invitation to laugh
- Security: living beyond our fears
- Purposeful Pursuits: moving past the tyranny of the urgent
- Me Time: encouragement to make time for self
- Friendship: crossing comfort zones to find new friends
- Restoration and Respect: Moving past how others define us
- Love: learning not to neglect romance
- The Nest: Valuing our children and domain while offering hospitality
- Supernatural Intimacy: getting personal with God
Each section ends with self-coaching questions to help apply what you read. There is also a Bible study at the end of the book with one page focused on each topic. Each short chapter ends with prayer prompts to start you on praying the theme for yourself or for a friend.
This book would be great for the woman who is overwhelmed by life and looking for an invitation to reexam her life -- especially when that is measured in short chunks of warm stories. The Bible study and self-coaching questions help you take the material deeper. But if all you want is a quick read, it can serve as that, too. So if you're looking for more and ready to go deeper, this book an be your next step. Move from a foggy life to one in high def.