Monday, January 21, 2013

Delighting in the Scriptures: Exodus 3:16


This year I have committed to read through the Bible. It's been a few years since I intentionally set out to do that, and so far so good. I've wrapped up Genesis and into Exodus. What's been an absolute joy to me is the way God is causing individual verses tucked in the midst of Scriptures I know well to pop to life. I thought I'd share some of those with you in the coming weeks. Is that all right?

While I was reading the early chapters of Exodus over the weekend, God made this verse jump off the page:

Go and assemble the elders of Israel and say t them: Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has appeared to me and said: I have paid close attention to you and to what has been done to you in Egypt. (Ex. 3:16)

Are you in a place of slavery? A place where you feel abandoned, ignored, or overlooked? Is it a place of pain?

Then rest in this promise: God is paying close attention to you. It may look like you've been abandoned. It may feel like you've been abused. That does not mean God has forgotten you. Instead, God is paying close attention, not only to you, but to what has been done to you. Pray and wait, because His redemption is on the way.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...