Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dell, A Great Book Deal, and Life

So Monday night I was working on revising Double Image, when the G key stopped working. As I tried to get it to work, it popped off. Have you ever tried to type with a glaring white space where the G key is supposed to be?

I learned Tuesday that I don't use the G key as much as I thought, but still often enough that it's slowing me down to type without it. So I spent time last night figuring out there is no easy fix. Got an email back from Dell to call the tech support to see if it was still under warranty. I am THRILLED to report that it is. And it was the simplest computer related call I have ever made. A new internal keyboard is on the way -- hopefully by next Monday I'll have a keyboard with all the keys again. WOOOHOOO. Dell is my company of the day!

Tuesday I was in our local Parables, Carpenter Son, catching up with my friend Vicky, the delightful book manager. While we were comparing notes on books, I noticed that Susan May Warren's Happily Ever After has been rereleased. The great news is that Tyndale has released this one chockfull of first chapters and coupons in the back -- always good. But the best part is the price. It's only$5.97. Get thee to the nearest Christian Bookstore and buy it! I have NEVER been disappointed with one of her books. And this is a low risk way to try her and see. And hey, the book won the American Christian Romance Writers (now ACFW) Book of the Year award in 2003.

My post this week at Generation Next Parenting is on our worth as a mom. There's actually a salary calculator involved.

And the CFBA book fo the week is Chris Well's Tribulation House. Isn't the cover cool? I haven't read it, but continue to hear great things about this guy's writing. One of these days...Here's a quick snippet:

IT’S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD—WHICH COULD BE A PROBLEM...Mark Hogan has it all. The job. The family. A position on the board at church. All he’s missing is a boat. Not just any boat—a 2008 Bayliner 192.

When Reverend Daniel Glory announces that the Rapture is taking place on October 17 at 5:51am, Hogan realizes his boat–buying days are numbered. So he does what any man in his situation would do—he borrows a load of money from the mob.

Not that there’s any risk involved: After all, when the Rapture comes, Hogan will be long gone. The mob will never find him.But when Jesus fails to come back on schedule, Mark Hogan finds the mob is in no mood to discuss the finer points of end–times theology...

Chris Well’s laugh–out–loud Christian thrillers appeal to the millions of readers who gobble up the rollicking crime fiction of Janet Evanovich and Elmore Leonard.

And finally. Frankly, I don't remember where I was headed. Sigh. Don't you hate it when that happens. Brain's clicking along and all of a sudden it stops working. Kind of like the G key. I suppose I should quit stalling, open up the Double Image file, and rewrite away.

Have an awesome Wednesday, all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...