Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What do Authors expect??

Today for a change of pace, I encourage you to visit Brandilyn Collins' Blog. She started a discussion over at American Christian Fiction Writers about what is the most important thing we, as readers, must see in a book. It was a great discussion! To see her answers and join the discussion, hop on over there. Her blog is one of my favorites, so if you've never checked it out, now's a great time.

Last night I inhaled Lisa Scottoline's Courting Trouble. That is exactly the kind of book I want to write. I'm going to try to step back and analyze why I loved it so much. The voice is great. The plot moves. Things continue to get worse for the heroine. And the plot twists like a game of Twister. And the emotions are pretty real. Now I'm praying about how to ratchet the two proposals I'm working on up one more level. They're close, but not quite there.

See this is what I love about writing. The challenge never ends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...