Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Amen and Hallelujah

This morning I slipped on a beautiful bracelet a friend gave me at least year's ACFW conference.

I was sitting here at the computer, holding little Rebecca as I "try" to work and saw the words on the bracelet again. Hallelujah and Amen. What bookends to the last 18 months.

Amen to God's goodness even when I don't understand things like the miscarriage. Amen to trusting that He knows what He's doing. Amen that He can turn painful things into good -- in ways only He can.

And Hallelujahs as I hold this little miracle that after five weeks I simply can't imagine our family without. Hallelujah for the fact that even if I had been the only person He still would have sent His Son to die for me and Jesus still would have chosen to come. Hallelujah for all the ways I see His fingerprints on my life.

So today I'm thankful -- for the good and the bad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...