Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For Fun: Which Austen Heroine are you?

I am Emma Woodhouse!


Take the Quiz here!

You are Emma Woodhouse of Emma! You like being the queen of your social circle (small and provincial as it may be), and feel it's your duty to help those less influential than you. You often meddle in the affairs of others, though you do it with a pure heart. You are often deluded in your flights of fancy, but your good intentions and creative spirit make you someone anyone could like.

Here's the funny thing -- I have no idea who this is! I read a couple of Jane Austen's books as a teenager -- I know Pride & Prejudice and I think Sense & Sensibility. So help a girl out. Who is this character? And if I had to pick an Austen to read, which should it be? Maybe I'll pick a comment to win a non-Austen book :-)


9 comments:

Jessica said...

You don't know who Emma Woodhouse is!?!?!?!? I feel a serious Austen education coming on... :) She's the title character in Emma. Probably one of my favorite Austen characters. (although Pride and Prejudice will always be my favorite book!) I would say Emma would be the easiest book to read, the best one to get you wanting more. If you want to avoid the whole lengthy book thing *gasp* "Emma" starring Gweneth Paltrow is a pretty acurate and true to the book. Warning... once you start you can't stop!
oh yeah, BBC and A&E both did miniseries of most of her books, and both are VERY good! :) Enjoy!

Jonah said...

You could do what I do and just watch all the movies/mini-series.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I am Elinor Dashwood from Sense & Sensibility! I wouldn't have guessed that. :-)

Anonymous said...

Emma is THE heroine in Emma!

She loves to match people up, some time successful and sometimes not.

She's a rich girl so doesn't feel like she needs to get married, but let's just day there's a happy ending :)

Leslie said...

Oh my - at least see the movie version with Gywneth Paltrow.

Oh, have you ever seen the movie Clueless - it was based off of Emma - the main character is like Emma Woodhouse

Judy said...

I'm Elinor Dashwood. Yes, it fits. :-)

Avily Jerome said...

I'm Anne Elliot. Which is ironic, since Persuasion is the only one of those listed that I haven't read... go figure.

I love Jane Austen. You have to read Emma. Preferably BEFORE you watch the movie(s). Don't listen to those literary traitors who say it's ok to watch the movie instead.

And now that I know I'm Anne Elliot, I plan to go read Persuasion. :)

Anonymous said...

Persuasion is great!
You'll love it!
and AFTER you read the book check out the most recent screen adaption!
it's good too!

Stonefox said...

Cara, I've never read the book, but I saw the movie with Gwyneth Paltrow and it is a really good movie! Emma is very elegant; you would enjoy the movie and I'm sure the book, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...