Friday, January 23, 2009

Dream....

As I started thinking about this post, I began hearing the Everly Brothers song. Dreaeaeaeam, dream ,dream, dream…

It’s the beginning of a new year, and I’ve been asking God what the next dream should be. At one time, my dream was to write books. Now I have. Four are out. Three more are written and releasing in 2009. I’ll write two more in the next six months. Then, I don’t know.

Hence, it’s time to dream.

But it doesn’t matter what you do. Dreams are critical. Solomon made it clear in Proverbs 29:18: without a vision the people perish. Then in Psalm 37:4: delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of you heart.

That last one is my life’s verse. As I chase God, I’ll draw closer to His heart. In the process my delights and dreams line up with His. I love that! And I’ve seen that.

Usually, I don’t have a problem dreaming. I’ve pushed myself with dreams throughout my life. I got the crazy idea I’d start college at 16. Then I did. I got the crazy idea that I’d go to law school and clerk for a federal judge. Then I did. I got the crazy idea I could actually write a book. Then I did. Each time, God birthed and/or blessed the dream. But each result started with that germ of a dream.

So what now? I since a change coming, but I don’t know what it is. Anyone else there? Scary, but what a great opportunity to lean into God and hear His heart for me. Slow down and focus on His heartbeat.

Match my dream to His.

So sing with me….dreeeeaaaammm, dream, dream, dream…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great post. It reall spoke to me.

I just pray that I'll hold Jesus close to my heart so I can hear His whispers in my ear about the direction I should take. This April it'll be a year since I started down the path I think He led me to, which is writing.

NEVER had I been a writer. Never taken a class, never had the desire/dream to write. Heck, I was (and still am a bit) nothing but an average grade sports junky (played tennis in high school and college).

SO, I do not know what God has in store for me for 2009, but I rest in the fact that HE walks beside me no matter what.

Sure, I have an idea of what I want to happen...but...its HIS plan, not mine.

Thanks for the post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...