Friday, April 09, 2010

Life Verse

I was listening to Meredith Andrew's current song (Can Anybody Hear Me? -- a great song by the way) and I ran across this clip of her talking about her life verse. Which lead me to wonder...what is your life verse? Mine is Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. I also love Joshua 1:8-9: Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

There's so much richness in those verses -- as there is in all of scripture. Which leads me back to the question? What is your life verse? The one you return to time and again as God's special promise to you? The one that it seems He wrote with you alone in mind? The promise you cling to when nothing makes sense?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Matthew 17:20 - I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Cara Putman said...

Love that, Julie. Thanks for sharing!

Charlie Fugate said...

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 (NASB)

Mimi N said...

Cara, I'm actually giving away Meredith's CD on my blog right now!! *grin*

I've had a couple different scriptures for periods of my life. I don't think I have one right now, but most recently it was Job 23:10
"But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

~Mimi @ Woven by Words

Cindy W. said...

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." This sits on my desk at work as a constant reminder to me that God has great things planned for me.

Smiles & Blessings,
Cindy W.

countrybear52[at]yahoo[dot]com

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am a local aspiring writer (just really started pursuing my writing dream four months ago) and my friend, Lyn Watson, told me of you today. She sent me a link to your website and I would SO love to talk to you more about the whole writing world. It is mind-boggling and I would love a mentor if you have the time to be one. I'm not asking you to sign your life away, just a chance to pick your brain a bit - I am now in the process of collecting wisdom from writers and would love any advice you could offer me as I attempt to navigate this journey.

I live in West Lafayette and Lyn was under the impression you were local as well.

Thank you so much for any guidance you could provide - it sounds as though you are so busy but if you have any time for a lunch or coffee date in the next few months I would be so grateful!

In gratitude,
Natalie Snapp

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...