Wednesday, November 03, 2010

What's the biggest thing holding you back?

Between sermons and Sunday school classes, I've really been thinking about this. What's the biggest thing holding back my faith? What's the biggest thing keeping me from desiring more of God? In bigger ways?

Is it a lack of faith? God couldn't really mean what He says...

Is it false humility/pride? God does that kind of stuff for other people, not me.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a season of really chasing after God. Taking Him at His word. Being specific with Him about what I desire. Praying all the while that my desires would match His, but being specific about what I think He's saying to me. Does He not answer because I'm not specific? Or is He waiting for me to be specific? Or do I stop too soon? Do I fail to be like the persistent widow -- who asked and asked and asked until she got the answer?

What about you? Where does God have you right now?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...