Friday, January 21, 2011

Taking Time to Pause

Next week I'll return to the Classic Hollywood Reviews. Feel free to let me know what some of your favorites are through comments. I'm always looking for new movies to try. But as this month has blown by, I've been thinking about pausing. I know...those of you who know me are laughing hysterically. I am not a girl known for slowing down. But from time to time God builds a pause into my life.

I'm busy, but it's different. I'm homeschooling and caring for a newborn -- well, he's seven weeks old. I'm writing lots of proposals this month and then turning back to writing a novel and novella while waiting to hear on the other proposals. So even in this pause, I haven't really stopped. I'm just more tired. It's got me thinking.

Have you ever noticed how fast life races by? Even when we think we're at a standstill?

Ever wonder what you're missing as you rush to keep up with everything and everyone in your life? The rounds of job, housekeeping, kid transportation guru, etc.

When I spoke at a women's retreat last Friday, I talked about God requiring the Israelites to pick up stones for remembering when they crossed the Jordan River (See Joshua 4).  How He wanted to make sure they didn't blow by this miracle and forget it as they returned to the busyness and routine of their lives. I'm a big believer in journaling -- in part to help me remember the way God has moved. Otherwise, I'm afraid I will forget...and in the forgetting, I'll lose out on the faith-building ways God has intersected my life.

I don't want to miss Him when He's moving. And I don't want to forget the history of His goodness and moving in my life.

So how do you remember His acts in your life?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This has been something I've been thinking of lately. There are some amazing things God is doing in my life right now, and I don't want to forget how I felt and what I thought at each turn.

Thanks for the post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...