Wednesday, September 21, 2011

ACFW...Here I Come

When you read this, I'm getting in ACFW board meetings. Then tomorrow, the conference starts.

The conference really is the highlight of my writing year. I can't wait to see so many of my friends that I only get to see once a year. Facebook is great, but it's not the same as seeing and hugging people. I'm also looking forward to the classes I'll get to attend.

This year I'm coteaching four hours -- two with one of my favorite long distance friends -- Tricia Goyer.


I'll get to spend the week with my mom, sister and niece. Janna helps run the bookstore, my mom helps and will watch my little guy, and my niece helps in so many ways, too. That will be great!

Then there's talking to editors about what I want to write next. Praying that God will give me favor with the right people. And then Saturday night we get to dress up and celebrate as so many awards are given during the Gala. Editor of the Year. Agent of the Year. Mentor of the Year, Volunteer of the Year. Carol Award to books. And Genesis Award to unpublished authors. It's a GREAT evening. So much fun to celebrate with my friends.

So see you next week.

1 comment:

Gina Conroy said...

See you there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...