Monday, July 23, 2012

A Glimpse into Where I Create

Here's a glance into the area where I work when I'm writing -- and not hanging out at Panera. Believe it or not, for someone who craves clean, organized space, this is about as good as it gets for my desk. Between ACFW, writing, homeschool co-op and teaching, I have a lot of projects to juggle in a small space. Last week I collected a large diaper box of books to take to our church library. I should have taken before photos to show what a difference that made. Ah well!




This second hutch and the small bookshelf tucked next to it hold many of my research books or books I want to get to because I know they have idea potential. Then the hutch across my desk contains writing books as well as some of the fiction I still want to read. I also tuck many of my books for giveaways, etc., in this space.

I guess my creative side can deal with a bit of mess. How about you? What does the space you work in look like?

3 comments:

Loree Huebner said...

It reminds me of my desk.

It might seem a mess-things are in piles, but I know where EVERYTHING is at!

Cara Putman said...

Isn't that the scary thing, Loree? Most of the time I can actually find what I'm looking for!

Crystal Laine said...

Cara! I was thinking once of having you come organize my writing area (that is, when I HAD an office.) This is what my space looks like (when I have a place to write!)

I lost my desk/office when my boys moved home. But now two of them moved out and I was thinking I could take over the desk area in my basement and have a "real office" again, but I have a feeling I'll be back to this again.

Anyway, I loved seeing your desk area. I think great minds need to create amongst their stuff, and this is somewhere I could work, too. (LOL.)

Hope you have a blast at Mackinac! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...