Wednesday, January 09, 2013

What's Your Word for 2013?


Sometimes I think God gives us a theme verse or word for the year. Kind of a heads-up or light shining down the path in front of us. 

 

I've been asking God over the last several weeks what my word or theme for this year is.

I don't remember where I first ran into the idea, but I love asking God for a word or theme verse to ponder and incorporate into my life. In 2011,  my word was BELIEVE and the verse was Isaiah 43:18-19:

“Forget about what’s happened! Don’t keep going over old history. Be alert! Be present! I’m about to do something brand new. It’s bursting out. Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road in the desert and rivers in the badlands.” (MSG)

Last year I think the word was Trust and Dream. 
This year I'm still praying, but I wonder if it's Favor or Intimacy. I've had a couple prayers breathed into my heart over the last few months that indicate Jesus wants to usher me higher and deeper into relationship with Him until He is my all in all. That is so challenging...and encouraging to me. I'm still praying though because I want to focus on His heart for this year. 
So what's your word for the year? Here are some people have given me recently...maybe they'll inspire you or resonate...

o   Rest   o   Hope   o   Prosper  o   Work  o   Change   o  Finish  o   Love
o   Seeing  o   Productivity  o   Love: I Cor 13  o   Balance  o  Empowerment
o   Trust       o   Sustain   o Center (prior year was gather)  o  expectation  o   listen
o   intention  o   relax  o   focus  o   give  o   transformed  o  nurse  o   harvest
o   wait  o   faith

1 comment:

Beth K. Vogt said...

I gave up resolutions 8 years ago, embracing the "one word" idea -- and loving it.
This year my word is "Confidence," based on Hebrews 10:35, which says "Do not throw away your confidence ..." This applies to my life spiritually, emotionally -- and professionally.
I also just finished reading "My One Word" by Mike Ashcraft and Rachel Olsen and I highly recommend it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...