Monday, June 09, 2008

Review: Finding Marie

Marie Belanger is getting on a plane to return home to Maine after spending the last two years in Japan with her Navy husband. When the flight lands in San Francisco, her seatmate is murdered and Marie flees for her life. She has no idea who is after her or why. And her husband Pierre is desperate to find her before those chasing her catch her.

I started Finding Marie at night and would have finished it in one sitting if I hadn’t had church this morning. The book pulled me in and I loved the twists and turns that pulled me through the book. The chapters are short and made it way too easy for me to keep flipping pages into the early hours of the morning.

Marie had all the markings of a naïve young woman forced to step outside any of her experiences. There are times when she makes good decisions, and other times where you have to wonder what she was thinking. But there was a depth to her that made her more than just another damsel in distress.

Pierre and his friend George are kept running, always several steps behind. They begin to wonder who they can trust while they search for Marie.

Because of the pacing of the book – it all happens in one week, there isn’t time for deep transformations in the characters. Instead, we get to participate in their journey and the twists and turns of this fun suspense. And the book is packed with a rich array of secondary characters. Some angels in disguise to help Marie; some her family.

I enjoyed this book – as evidenced by the way I tore through it. It’s the perfect addition to a suspense lovers library.

1 comment:

Crystal Laine said...

I absolutely LOVED the first book in this series (Frasier Island) and hope I get to read this book sometime soon. I have recommended it to those whom I think would like this type of book.

Can't wait to get it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...