Friday, August 19, 2011

Great Research Tool:History Detectives


At our house, we don't watch much TV, but when we do watch, it's often PBS. The kids watch it in the morning with breakfast. And occasionally we catch something in the evening.

This week I came home from a meeting to find my family watching History Detectives. I think I might be hooked...or have found a fourth career.

Each show has three short episodes where someone tracks down the backstory to an artifact. Is it what the owner thinks? Can the story that's told be supported by evidence?

It's fascinating to watch the "detectives" at work. And I've been very impressed with the World War II segments I've watched. If you're studying something in history, this can be a great tool to get some fun information. There's even a website for kids.

Here's the adult version of the website. And if you're a writer or history lover, watching the episodes will have your mind spinning!

What's a website you've recently discovered that has soaked up your time?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I used to watch this show a lot, but somehow fell out of it. I'll have to start it up again. It is fun to see where their research takes them. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...