Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spring Reading Thing

Today Brandilyn Collins alerted her readers to the Spring Reading Thing over at Callapidder Days. I hadn't run across this blog, but it looks delightful.

The Spring Reading Thing is a challenge to get out that stack of books and actually read them. 207 people including yours truly have joined in. Somehow Bethany House found out about this and sent Katrina, the blog's owner, a box of nine of its new releases. Then Brandilyn sent out a challenge today to other authors to send her a book or two to give away. So if you like new books, and for some reason you aren't entering my contests, then hie thee over to Callapidder Days. This week's give away is Where Willows Grow by my friend Kim Sawyer.

Now for my list of books in the to be read or finished pile:

To Be Finished:
  • Lightning and Lace by DiAnn Mills (Barbour)
  • Grave Risk by Hannah Alexander (Steeple Hill)
  • Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore (Integrity/Thomas Nelson) (I highly recommend this based on what I've gotten out of the first four or five chapters! It's excellent!)
  • The Freedom of the Soul by Tracey Bateman (Barbour)
  • The Bible (just finished Isaiah tonight -- so it's taking a bit longer than 90 days... but I'm reading!)

To Be Read:

Wow! That's just a few books :-)

Please pray for me as I start edits on Double Image to get it ready to resubmit to an editor. And as I buckle down to work on a couple legal proposals. It's time to push past whatever's been holding me back and get back into the writing. I covet your prayer support as I do this! I'll also start writing Sandhill Dreams after some on-site research in Nebraska. And I'll teach Business Law at Purdue again starting in the middle of May. Life is never dull around here!

3 comments:

Tracey Bateman said...

Yeah, Cara! Finish my book! I need to finish a few myself...
Praying as you dive into edits!
Tracey

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Thanks for joining the Spring Reading Thing, Cara! Summer of Light is on my to-read-soon pile; it looks great. And thanks for letting people know about the upcoming giveaways over at my blog. At this point, I'll be giving away around 100 books on behalf of more than 50 authors. Lots of chances for people to win a free book!

Mary Connealy said...

Cara, I'm honored that I made you list and I've been notified that you WON a copy of Petticoat Ranch from the Christian Review of Books blog so it's on it's way to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...