Monday, July 16, 2007

Finished Another Book!

Late Friday night/early Saturday morning, I finished the first draft of Sandhill Dreams! Woohoo!

Let me tell you, it is a great feeling to type in the last word and then the final period. I have lived with this story for about five weeks. About six of every seven nights I would sit down to write. The characters felt like friends the further into the book I got. Many times I didn't even have to think about what the characters would do. I just knew.

Now the fun part...going back and adding layers, catching typos, making sure I wrote what I actually think I wrote. And the big one...filling in gaps. You see I have instincts as I'm writing. My mind keeps going over what's been written even as I continue to move forward. I have two dear friends who have read the book as it's been written and they've confirmed my suspicions about what needs to be enhanced and clarified.

So to Janna and Sabrina, thanks for reading the book as I've been writing it. To Tricia, thanks for reading it next.

Here's hoping the collaborative effort makes it my best book yet! I think it's a good one!

3 comments:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

This story makes it an easy task. ;)I'm loving the characters. I think I'm as eager as you to see the finished product. Well, okay, maybe you're a tad more excited. LOL.

Jonah said...

Alright!

Anonymous said...

Just finished it Cara and can honestly say it was a very satisfying and fun read! Informative too because it deals with an area of history that few people know about... now I just have to give you my constructive feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...