Friday, March 26, 2010

Loving Life

Yesterday was my birthday.

All day I received well wishes on facebook and via email. I even had three people call and sing "happy birthday" to me. Today, I feel loved and appreciated. Isn't it amazing how a simple word or two that says we were thinking about someone can change a day?

Is it the same for you?

I hope so, because I am constantly writing short notes to other people. I even stick them in snail mail. Gasp! There's something special about receiving an old-fashioned, hand-written greeting. Then there's the really cool card my sister sent me. She had it made on a card service. The front is a photo of the two of us when we were probably one and a few months over two. Adorable photo. But the message is priceless. Then there was the Starbucks gift card tucked inside. My sis knows me well. And it was timed perfectly because one of my birthday presents was a content edit letter from my editors at Guidepost. Believe it or not, that was a cool present, too. I am certifiably strange.

My challenge to you on this Friday. Take a minute today and let somebody know that you appreciate them. That your life is richer because of what they've added to it. Sharon Hinck wrote a book called Stepping Into Sunlight, which had that idea of blessing others with little thoughts and deeds.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to start a revolution of kindness and appreciation!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! I worked at Hallmark in college. I love pretty cards and notes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...