Monday, March 05, 2007

Photo Overload

This bright and chilly morning you would have seen me shivering outside the train station in downtown Lafayette, standing on train tracks next to a busy highway losing all feeling in my toes, or inside -- where it was warm -- getting more traditional headshots taken. More than 300 shots later, I'm feeling all grinned out. I don't know how models do it!

This morning felt like senior pictures -- without the long, permed hair -- and wedding photos -- without the big white dress -- all rolled into one. I know how tour guide Barbie felt in Toy Story Two. "Are we done yet? Oh, good. My cheeks hurt."

But it was such fun. My friend Janet Stephens is a photographer and she had scoped out these locations and prayed about what shots she needed to get. It was such fun to watch her work. And just the few shots I got to peek at while she downloaded them on to her computer looked great. I don't know how I'll chose the best shots.

She's going to prepare a portfolio and then I'll pick from those. Once I narrow it down, I'll post a few that y'all can select your top picks from. One of those will be the author shot in Canteen Dreams, another in Sandhill Dreams, and a third in Captive Dreams. You know -- it just struck me that those titles perfectly represent what God has done. He has made my dream of being a writer come true!

All in all, it was such a fun morning! Even if I did freeze.

1 comment:

Candice Speare said...

I can't wait to see them. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...