Thursday, October 02, 2008

Booksigning on Saturday!

My newest book just arrived at Carpenter's Son -- Yeah! They have it before I do LOL.
Captive Dreams is the last book in the Nebraska World War Two series. I'd be sad, except I'm racing to finish the first book in the Ohio World War Two series before next Tuesday. :-)

On Saturday from 1-3 p.m. there will be a booksigning at Carpenter's Son. I'll be there, but I'm letting you know because a couple of really special authors will be there. Robin Jones Gunn, author extraordinaire and amazing follower of Jesus, is flying in from Idaho -- yep, Idaho! She writes the Sister Chick and dozens of other books. Dave and Neta Jackson are coming in from Chicago -- I met them in July, and they are wonderful folks with amazing hearts for God. Neta writes the Yada-Yada Prayer Group books, and I just got their latest Heroes of the Faith book yesterday. Can't wait to see them and get it signed.

Colleen Coble, my mentor, coach, friend extraordinaire, will make the drive -- she just became a grandma for the first time so be sure to tell her congrats! Jamie Carie is coming from Indy -- her books continue to win awards and are wonderful historical fiction. And Rick Barry, another
Indiana writer will be joining us. I'm planning to buy his World War Two novel.

The great thing is that these folks will be there. Better yet, Carpenter's Son has arranged to have several of their books for $5 and $9. I'm thinking Christmas shopping! I know that a title of Robins and Neta's are $5 and Colleen's latest hard cover Anathema -- amazing suspense set here in Indiana -- is $8.97.

So if you have time, come join us between 1-3 p.m. We'd love to see you. And if you've thought about writing, we'll talk a bit about getting started at 1.

Hope to see you!

3 comments:

Janna said...

OOH! Wish I could be there! Have fun :-)

Janna

Pamela S. Meyers said...

Me, too, Janna! Have fun, Cara. Dave and Neta are top notch. Loved having them at our ACFW chapter meeting this summer.

Patty said...

I'm wishing it was closer. I would love to be there. You do have quite a wonderful crew there. I've read books from most of the authors you named. It does sound like a fun Christmas shopping event.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...