Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Great Reads this Week


I'm currently reading three books:

Shade by John Olson: Not letting myself get deeply into this book yet, becuase I know once I do, I won't be able to put this down. John's editor, Karen Ball, believed so deeply in this book that she worked for close to ten years to find the right home for it. It's the vampire book that isn't. Lots of buzz, so can't wait to dive in. Probably December 1...yep, the day Deadly Judgment arrives in NYC.





Out of Her Hands by Megan DiMaria. This book is turning out to be just as good as Searching for Spice. Loving it. Linda's life is full of chaos again, and she handles it so like I would. Is that me in 15 years? Yikes! But I love Megan's writing. It's funny, honest, vibrant. She really pulls me into books that I wouldn't expect to like, but I do.


The other book I'm reading at the moment is the ARC of Breach of Trust, DiAnn Mills' next book. I'm loving the concept so far. It's the book traveling with me in the diaper bag, but I can tell this suspense will get pulled pretty soon. Fast action. Too bad y'all have to wait until next year to read it. I am such a tease!

I read The Measure of a Lady last week. WOW! Deeanne Gist is a master! She pulled me into the early days of San Francisco and had me caring deeply about her characters. The spiritual challenges were real and ones we can all relate to -- maybe too well. And I felt Rachel's burdens and pain. The way she fought to carve a life out for her brother and sister, the burden when things move out of her control, the responsibility she took on. And the romance is beautiful and believable. Delightful read!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...