Wednesday, September 23, 2009

photos from ACFW

Here are some photos from the conference last week. This first one was from the early bird. Almost 300 people participated in this workshop with Don Maas on Writing the Breakout Novel. It. Was. Incredible!

Seriously, if my conference had ended there, I would have still received my money's worth. If I'm not a better writer after this -- say it with me -- I'm a lazy writer!

I'm in the purple sweater, Jenny B. Jones is in front of me looking away from the camera, and fellow Hoosier Ronda Wells is next to me.

This next photo is one Dr. Richard Mabry snapped while Don Maass and I chatted a moment before his introduction. Did I mention that Robin Miller (check out the trailor for her book on her site) asked me literally two minutes ahead of time to introduce one of the most famous men in writing? Ack!

Fortunately a lady right there in the front row had both of his writing books, so I grabbed them and started talking. Seriously, who wants to hear me blather on when a man with his wisdom is in the room.

Then this is a photo of me with writing pal Tina Forkner. One of the best parts of conference is connecting with friends I usually see at conference if at all. Tina is an amazing writer and her personality is so fun! Her daughter is a year older than Abigail and a level six in gymnastics so we had fun comparing notes.

I had my camera but didn't take any pictures. Instead, I loaned my card to Mom and Janna so they could take photos. I need to email those to Janna ASAP.

So for today, I'll end with this photo: it's of my mom and Mary DeMuth. Mary is an AMAZING writer and has such a wonderful heart. She's one of those gals I wish I got to spend more time with. Some day. Until then, I'm so delighted that I got to introduce these two and hear more about Mary's memoir Thin Places. Isn't that a wonderful title -- God meets us in the Thin Places of life...

3 comments:

Pamela S. Meyers said...

Cara, you stole my thoughts as I looked at your pics and those of others from conference. I see folks in the pics and wish I'd had time to connect with them. The time goes by in a blur and before I know it, I'm back on the plane coming home. I wish we had more time to connect, but oh the wonderful memories to take home with us.

God was surely present in that hotel in Denver. It was an awesome time on so many levels.

Casey said...

Thank you for sharing these. I have been to the ACFW website and I seriously hope to attend next year. The conference looked AMAZING and it would mean so much to me to learn from Christian writers on writing. Nothing is better in my opinion.

Edna said...

Great pictures I have looked at a lot of them from other authors and I feel as though I have been there.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...