Wednesday, January 31, 2007

CFBA Tour: GERM

This week the CFBA is talking about GERM, by Robert Liparulo. If you were here in December, you know I LOVED this book and my husband LOVED this book. It has a very Tom Clancy feel to it. The only word of caution I have is if you're squeamish, skip the first chapter. All you have to know is it's about ebola.

But the concept was fresh, with tons of twists. The characters were complex. And the action never stopped. It was a page-turner that I just couldn't put down.


I loved the way the book kept me guessing and every time I thought I knew where he was taking the book I was wrong. There was really only one subplot that I could anticipate from the introduction of the character and that was because the character was the lone Christian. The book also didn't preach. There is a Christian worldview to the book, but the main characters aren't Christians...at all. And frankly, I loved that. Characters that fit the story. A story that fit the theme. And a plot that moved so fast my head was spinning.

And here's a little about Robert. Sounds like a fascinating character in his own right!

Robert's novel paints a scenario so frighteningly real that six Hollywood producers were bidding on movie rights before the novel was completed. His acclaimed debut novel, Comes A Horseman, is being made into a major motion picture by producer Mace Neufeld and his short story "Kill Zone" was featured in the anthology Thriller, edited by James Patterson.

Robert is an award-winning author of over a thousand published articles and short stories. He is currently a contributing editor for New Man magazine. His work has appeared in Reader's Digest, Travel & Leisure, Modern Bride, Consumers Digest, Chief Executive, and The Arizona Daily Star, among other publications. In addition, he previously worked as a celebrity journalist, interviewing Stephen King, Tom Clancy, Charlton Heston, and others for magazines such as Rocky Road, Preview, and L.A. Weekly. He has sold or optioned three screenplays.
Robert is an avid scuba diver, swimmer, reader, traveler, and a law enforcement and military enthusiast. He lives in Colorado with his wife and four children.

He is currently working on his third novel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...