Saturday, December 15, 2007

Novel Reviews looks at Canteen Dreams

Kelly Klepfer has reviewed Canteen Dreams over at Novel Reviews. Here's what she had to say:

My Review:

I don't consider myself a history nut, but maybe I am. I loved reading about 1942 Nebraska and the North Platte welcome given to the soldiers just passing through. Putnam painted some scenes so powerfully that I could almost smell and hear the unfolding drama. Since Nebraska is in my own back yard, the read was even more entertaining as I've been to some of the same locations though half a century later.

A rich read that took me back to a gentler time. Heroism must be doing what you have to do regardless of the fear and sorrow that threatens to overwhelm you. If that's the case, there are a few heroes in Canteen Dreams.

Historical romance lovers should enjoy this story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...