Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Argh! Tight Deadlines: Risk of Implosion

A quick post today, because I really need to be writing chapters. Lots of them!

Monday I turned in what I thought was the last four chapters in the Complete Idiots Guide to Business Law to hit my August 4th, half the book turned in deadline. Yesterday I got an email from my wonderful editor that they needed two more elements.

I panicked. Not so much that I'd have to write more. I have to write two more chapters this week anyway. But because I'd counted the elements carefully, and was sure I had done it right. If they said they needed more, it meant I was missing something. Yikes!

I really don't have time to miss anything right now. So the emails flew back and forth for half an hour until I figured out where my counting differed from theirs.

Now we're back on track. I wrote the front matter yesterday morning and now have over half turned in. Wooh. And got to check another element off :-)

It's been fun, but it's always a learning curve when I start working with another publisher. They all have their unique ways of doing things!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...