Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Pictures

a Here it is...the photo of me with the Book of the Year award. Can you see the shell-shocked look in my eye? I really didn't expect to win. Hoped to -- yes. Expected to -- not in this lifetime!

And here are Rebecca and Quinn at the Mall of America during the booksigning. They are five weeks apart, and absolutely adorable at this stage. Very fun!

Here is a photo of Mary Connealy and me. Now if you've read my blog for any length of time, you know how much I love her books Petticoat Ranch and Calico Canyon. They are a hoot! Such fun and unexpected romances. That's why it was such an honor to tie with her for first place in the short historical category. I would love to write like her when I grow up!

One of the things I love about the ACFW conference is getting to meet the writers that I email back and forth during the year. This year Janna and I had such fun meeting Julie Lessman. Again, you know I've really enjoyed her books A Passion Most Pure and A Passion Redeemed. Julie is such a dynamo in person. I swear she's never met a stranger. And she lights up a room. She is delightful. It was so fun hanging out a bit with her.

This last photo is Rebecca at the airport on Sunday. She's getting a head start on reading great fiction. The gals we were waiting with: Sharon Lavy and Roseanna ( just spaced on her last name) both convinced me that this book by James Scott Bell has got to jump to the top of my to be read pile! You can never start them too young on reading!

3 comments:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

Oh Cara, she's so lovely. What a darling picture of the two babies. It's perfect. :) I see a lot of her Dad in her.

At the least she looks a lot like her big brother.

Pamela S. Meyers said...

Love the pics, Cara. I have some of Rebecca I need to send you. Love the one of her with Michelle when she has her foot in Michelle's pocket.

The picture of the two babes together is priceless.

Loved meeting your sis and mom, too!

Mary Connealy said...

Hi, Cara. Thanks for the kind words about my books.
Your baby and Janna's were the sweethearts of the conference. Thanks for letting me get my hands on them.

I'm going to be a grandma soon so I need to refresher course.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...