Sunday, January 14, 2007

Secret Santa?

I just saw an article in the USAToday that made me stop -- it details the story of a man from Lee Summit, Missouri, who for more than 25 years handed out money the month of December --- just because. It all started in 1979 when he'd lost a job the week before Christmas and realized the waitress helping him was worse off than he was.

From that simple event, he went on to hand out more than $1.3 million. Yes, that's million. And he did it in a way that didn't require grants. No forms. Just human connection.

I don't know about you, but that challenges me. I try to hold everything I own as a trust. It's all God's anyway. But if God told me to start handing out $100 bills to strangers would I do it? I hope so, but I honestly don't know. I'd probably try to do an awful lot of justifying first.

I don't know about you, but everytime I turn around right now God is challenging me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...