Wednesday, November 22, 2006

One More Thing to be Thankful for...

Katherine Parker, a writer with the Washington Post Writer's Group, has a great op-ed today that is running in papers around the country. In Amazing Grace and Other Things she highlights one more thing that people should be thankful for. I'll just quote her closing paragraphs here:

Whatever one believes -- or doesn't -- it's impossible to ignore that the world would be a lesser place without those who have been divinely inspired. What Wilberforce did with his own considerable resources and a talent for oratory, Anschutz -- and others who are motivated by their faith -- are attempting to do through the medium of their day.

Those crazy Christians. What will they think of next?


And I urge you to take a moment to read her piece. It is very well done, and reminds us once again of how much we have to be thankful for. It also tells about another film releasing in the spring. I am thankful for the rash of wholesome, well-done movies. I hope to see Facing the Giants this weekend.

1 comment:

Crystal Laine said...

I am a huge fan of Kathleen Parker. Her gift for writing the wonderfully turned phrase and quick-quipped quotes never cease to amaze me. If I could be a writer, I would want to grow up to be Kathleen--and be able to think up the stuff she does to write.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...