Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Writing Articles

If you're a member of ACFW or The Writers View, you've probably heard Terry Whalin mention his Amazon short Straight Talk from an Editor, 18 Keys to Rejection Proof Submission. As Crystal Miller said at the Chat N Chew Cafe it's a steal of a deal for 49 cents. I downloaded it earlier today, and it is loaded with great information and good reminders. So check it out!

Writers....Interrupted has several posts this week you should check out. Yesterday was the November edition of the blog carnival. It contains links to great writing posts around the blogosphere. And today Tina Forkner is the guest blogger with great insight on what happens after you get the call (with a contract). And it's a Tuesday, so I'm the guest blogger at Generation NeXt Parenting talking about putting Christ back in Christmas for our kids. Check it out and leave a comment about what you do with your families.

Today I got the background sheet to fill out for the cover of my book! Can you hear my shriek! It was so fun to start it and insert photos of the North Platte Canteen. I am really curious to see what the publisher comes up with for a cover. I have an image in my head but have no idea if it will match reality.

And I'm furiously working on the two follow-up proposals. I have personal goals to get one submitted this week, with the second submitted by December 15. Pray for me, please! I'll tell you more about them after I get them submitted.

5 comments:

Rel said...

Hey Cara! I have just finished reading Brandilyn Collin's post on comments (I know - ages old now!!) and saw your s and had a look! Thought I would take up the opportunity to post instead of lurk! I am lawyer too in Melbourne, Australia. With 3 young daughters, however, I only work one day a week but it keeps my hand in nicely. I am passionate about Christian fiction and thank God for people like you so I can read and not have to write! I recently started a blog to review CF and hopefully contribute to people out there picking up some great books! Enjoy your day :)

Camy Tang said...

How exciting! I totally understand the nifty feeling to fill out your background/art sheet. :)

I liked Terry's article, too. It's a deal for 49 cents.
Camy

Cara Putman said...

Rel, Thanks for stopping by! It sounds like you have a great situation where you get to be a mommy primarily and attorney second.

Crystal Laine said...

So cool! Can't wait to see your cover. I love your excitment at each stage of the game.

Terry Whalin said...

Hello Cara,

Thank you for the kind words about Straight Talk. With everyone's support (including you), it's climbed into the #1 Amazon Short spot off and on--which has been fun to beat out authors like Danielle Steel, David McCullough and Terry Brooks.


My appreciation,

Terry
Book Proposals That Sell

The Writing Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...