Friday, February 16, 2007

It's here!

No, not the hot off the presses copy of my book. Yesterday, in the first mail delivery in three days, I got my first check! Eack, Ack, however you want to spell it! Not only have I gotten to go to CBA Advance, not only do I have my first content edit, I now have part of my advance. Yippee!

Someday maybe I'll actually feel like an author. Hmm, maybe when the book arrives on my doorstep. If I get this excited over a little check, just imagine my excitement then :-)

Anyway, after shoveling snow for more than five hours in two days, being a single mom for a week, and tons of American Christian Fiction Writers' board and publicity work -- oh and that little thing called mini-marathon training, I haven't had much time or energy to scour the web for articles on the law that I could pontificate on. Your stuck with just me.

I promise I'll get legal next week. Maybe about the time God gives me a legal plot. I feel like I've been asking, begging, bugging Him for a long time on this one already. So, it's only been a few weeks. That's a long time right?!?

I started reading The Innocent Man by John Grisham last night for inspiration. It's non-fiction but reads like his fiction. It is absolutely gripping, and I'm only on page 33. Mix that in with Brandt Dodson's latest Colton Parker Mystery The Root of All Evil and reading through the Bible in 90+ Days (I had forgotten how BORING the geneologies are in First Chronicles), and I should have all kinds of fantastic inspiration don't you think? Next on the to be read list are Colleen Coble's latest Midnight Sea and A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis (thanks, Joanna!).


So what are you reading right now? Anything good I should add to my pile? Has anyone read Mary Connealy's Petticoat Ranch yet? It looks good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...