Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hello, my name is Cara...

And I'm addicted to email. At least that's what my husband tells me. Repeatedly. At least three times a night lately.

Does anyone else have this problem? Please tell me I'm not alone.

You see we have one computer with internet access. My laptop is too old and fried for such new fangled things, though it does just fine with everything else, thank you very much. And the last couple weeks Eric has worked hard on some graduate class papers that are due. Hence, every time he gets up from his chair and his desk (the one with our internet computer), guess who slides into it. Yep, yours truly.

As soon as he steps into the room, I slip out of the chair and slink back to my desk. And wait. And wait. For that next opportunity to check a website, a friend's blog, anything that has to do with the great information highway.

You know, it's really hard to post new things to a blog when you can't get on the computer with internet access! So bear with me folks as I sneak in during the next couple weeks. This too will pass, I am told by a reliable source.

5 comments:

Jerome said...

Cara, checking e-mail, blogs, websites, etc. can certainly become addictive. I'm currently in denial, though.

~michelle pendergrass said...

I'm an addict.

:)


Like you don't know that already.

Gina Conroy said...

Me too, I confess and it's worse when you have high speed internet that's connected ALL THE TIME!

I'm also addicted to blogging In case you haven't heard.

Crystal Laine said...

Whaa? This is a PROBLEM? Sheesh, and just when I had convinced myself that this was one of my normal behaviors.

Cara Putman said...

Isn't it great?!?! Ah moderation in all things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...