Friday, September 22, 2006

My First Contract

This will be a quick post, but I have to share my excitement! Tonight, at the opening session at ACFW Heartsong Presents announced two new author contracts. One of them was for my WWII novel Canteen Dreams! I am so excited, I'm almost shaking again as I type this. God is so good!

Last year at this conference is when I met the editors who developed an interest in the story. It was through talking to them that God planted the idea in my heart. The story almost wrote itself -- it's such a neat piece of history that I wanted to tell. So look for it in October 2007!

And the awesome thing is how genuinely excited for me folks are. I think my mentor Colleen Coble was even more excited than I am. God is good. What more can I say!

11 comments:

Janice said...

Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you.

Sabrina L. Fox said...

I was so excited last night. I hated that I couldn't be there in person. It was so fun hearing the excitement in your voice. Woohoo!

Julie Carobini said...

Yippee--this is GREAT news!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Sheryl said...

What wonderful news, and what an exciting way to find out about it. :-) Congratulations!

Cara Putman said...

Thanks, everyone. I'm still floating!

Trish Ryan said...

Wow! That's fabulous!!! And what a fun way to find out :)

Melanie Dobson said...

Hey Cara! It was great to meet you at ACFW. Congrats on your contract!!

Crystal Laine said...

Cara, Told ja! I'm so proud of you, I could burst. And this is a special book because it's about your grandparents--how cool is that?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Cara! I can't wait to buy and read your book! Do we have to wait until next year?!?!

Unknown said...

FINALLY getting around to your blog to tell you HUGE CONGRATS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...